Monday, April 11, 2016

Week 9 Updates

Hello Readers,

Last week was just more debugging. There is something wrong, I think, with the algorithm that I have implemented within the program. The problem, again, is that some of the ranks that it is outputting are greater than one, the largest around 60. The ranks are supposed to add up to one altogether and with close to 80,000 nodes, each rank should be very small. I found a research paper from USC (University of Southern California) that had a page rank implementation that is different from the algorithms that I have seen in other papers. I tried that one out and it seems to work, but I need to conduct further testing. Now, the ranks are greatly reduced, but they don't seem to add up to 1, instead they are around 0.5.

Besides that, I am just working on my presentation, as the end of the research project approaches (in early May, so I have just around three more weeks).

As always, if you have any questions or comments please feel free to leave a comment below and I will try to get back to you as soon as possible. Same goes for any clarification of topics or concepts.

Thanks for reading and have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment