Friday, February 26, 2016

Eclipse Issues

Hello again readers!

I also am having an issue with Eclipse, an integrated development environment (IDE) that is used for programming Java. When clicking on the application it says that it is loading then stops loading without opening the application. I'm not sure what the issue is, but I think that it may be related to my recent download of Android Studio (an IDE for programming Android applications). I feel like the Java Development Kit (JDK) was disconnected from Eclipse and redirected to Android Studio, but I am not really sure. This probably will go over mostly everyone's head, but if you have any ideas as to how to fix this, I would appreciate any comments.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Farhan. Have you tried looking at posts on the Eclipse Community Forum? Perhaps this link might be of help? https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/503603/ (User re-installed Java as a solution). Or this link? http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3657054/eclipse-freezing-at-startup-before-loading-workspace . Hope your issue gets resolved soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rohini,

      I have looked at these, but the problems don't seem to exactly match the one that I am having. I will take a look again though.

      Thanks!

      Delete
  2. Hey Farhan! I'm not sure if this would work but have you tried reinstalling Eclipse and/or Java to your laptop? I would make sure to save your workspace/the files in your workspace separately so you dont lose any of your work before you do so, if you want to try this. Some people say their problems were fixed by either reinstalling or by modifying the workspace according to this: http://superuser.com/questions/148179/eclipse-shows-splash-screen-and-closes-how-to-fix. Hope it works!

    ReplyDelete